Friday, January 14, 2011

Books-The Power of the Written Word



I am the Ultimate Book Reader in my world. Besides my son, I am the only one in my house that reads. I have books everywhere.Books all over my bedroom, books in boxes, books on the floor.
Books in my office,that are also in boxes and on the floor. I have books that are for myself to read. Books for my son to read.
I also swap and trade books online.I do this on 2 different swapping sites.Plus I sell some on Amazon.com, sometimes.
Right now I am reading Nora Roberts, Bride Series. I have read the first 3 books.I have tried to start reading the final book, Book 4 all week. Hopefully I will get to start reading it over the weekend.

I have over 200 books,on the sites, I swap & trade on.
Here's the link for my Bookshelf on each of the 2 sites I swap on:
http://bookmooch.com/m/bio/southkyangel-This is Book Mooch.
http://southkyangel.paperbackswap.com/profile/index.php-This is Paperback Swap

If you like to swap and trade books, check out both of these sites and see if you find something you may like to read.

I probably have 500 books that are on my bookshelves, in boxes, on the floor of my bedroom, on the floor of my office. 500 books that are for my reading pleasure.
I try to keep my books organized. At least in a way that I understand.
If you came to house and was looking for a particular book, you probably would have some trouble locating the kind of book you would like to read.

I have the majority of my Fiction books on the Bookshelves. I have some fiction books in boxes also.

Then my Non-fiction books, I have organized in different categories.
I have my biographies & memoirs in 2 boxes. I have the ADHD,Bipolar & anything related to mental health, in 2 or 3 boxes.
Then from there, I don't really have the majority of my non-fiction books organized in any particular order.

It's a system, that works for me and that helps me find what I want to read, when I am looking for a particular book.

So my questions for all of you are:

Do you read books?
If so, what are your favorite books and/or Authors?

Do you have a library of books or just a few that you keep around?

Do you like to swap or trade books?

Do you belong to a book club of any sort, real or online?

Since we are on the subject of books, lets talk about writers and/or writing.

Do any of you write short stories,books, articles? Do you aspire to be a writer of any type?

I would consider myself to be a writer. I have wrote short stories & poems. I have started a book, that I have never finished.

I would love to say that someday I will be a famous Author. But I am not sure, if that will ever come true.

It's still a dream of mine.It may happen one day.You never know, you may one day go to your favorite store and see my face on the back cover of a book. If you do, I hope you buy & I hope you like it.

The last thing, I have to say about my love of reading is about where I get my love of books and reading.

My grandmother Mary Ann always had a lot of books everywhere around her.
Its the times I remember seeing her read, borrowing books from her to read and talking to her about different books, that I will always hold near & dear to heart.


My dad is a book lover too, he mostly reads Westerns.

Tomorrow is another day for this reader/lover of the written word. Happy reading to all of you.

3 comments:

  1. I have a ton of books. We've been whitling the selection down. I signed up for Paperback Swap but never did anything with it. I usually sell my books at a local used bookstore. I have been weaning myself off of buying books and get them at the library which means I rarely read what I have which is a bad habit. Maybe this year I will read a bunch of my books and finally have room on the shelves as I get rid of them.
    One of the few things that do not go in boxes are our books - they are shelved and categorized (I was a librarian but mostly I am OCD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, do you have any Sue Grafton Paperbacks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr James, a herbal practitioner who helped me to cure Hiv virus, i have suffered from this disease for the past 5 years and I have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr James sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested Hiv negative. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr james who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr James because I got to know him through Mr Anderson, who he cured from Genital Herpes Virus. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silence and don’t let that illness take your life.Dr James has cures for diseases like BIPOLAR DISORDER,..DIABETES,NEPHROTIC SYNDROME MOUTH HERPES, MOUTH CANCER , MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL ILLNESS, POLIO DISEASE, ALZHEIMER, BULIMIA DISEASE, COMMON INFLAMMATORY DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, INFERTILITY, SHINGLES, BADRONOLE DISEASE, CHEST DISEASE / AIDS, AND BEHAVIORAL, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, TUBERCULOSIS LOW SPERM COUNT, ECZEMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS Contact Dr James through  email address   Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete